If you have missed your periods and are getting nervous, then it’s the best time to get a pregnancy test done and leave all your doubts put to the rest. In today’s post, I am talking about everything that you should know about pregnancy test strips including how to use these strips and some precautions that you must take before using these strips.
How do these strips work?
If you are reading this article, then you are probably curious to know how pregnancy strips work. Well, to break it down, pregnancy strips help in identifying the pregnancy hormones in the collected urine sample. This hormone is called the hCG and it is the production of the embryo.
Wondering how to use these strips?
If this is your first time assuming you are pregnant and you don’t know how to use the pregnancy strips then do not worry. Always remember to read the package directions before trying to use it. If there aren’t any, then do the following:
- Try your best to use these strips in the morning as your urine is highly concentrated with hCG in the morning.
- Collect your urine in a bottle or a container that is dirt-free and spotless.
- After this, insert the pregnancy strip in the urine sample, vertically.
- Voila, you will have the result with a few tears or smiles within the time gap of a few minutes.
- To read the results, know that one line in the control zone indicates that the test is negative and this definitely will be disappointing. However, a line in the control zone and another one in the result area means that you are pregnant.
Pregnancy Test Don’ts
Before taking a pregnancy test, read about the ‘don’ts’ of pregnancy tests.
- Don’t take one too soon, give a good week or two after your assumption phase and try to take it after a day of missing your period. This is because the hCG level increase in your urine over time and taking a tested way earlier would mean that you don’t have enough hCG in your urine at that moment and this would lead to a negative result.
- Don’t be upset if your result is negative; you might still have chances to get pregnant as these tests are not always accurate. So book an appointment with your doctor and confirm your pregnancy.
- Don’t use the strip after the expiry.