The sudden urge and craving to eat something can attack us anytime and anywhere. When such feelings strike, especially in the wee hours, we tend to get our hands on junk food and unhealthy snacks. To make sure that you always eat healthy, when you have those sudden cravings for snacking, we are sharing a great and easy recipe of sweet potato and beetroot chips. These vegetable chips are so crispy, packed with nutrition and energy that you will forget packaged stuff.
– 3 large beetroots
– 2 large sweet potatoes
– 2 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon chaat masala
– First of all, preheat your oven to 250°F and line two separate baking sheets with parchment paper.
– Peel off both the vegetables and cut 1/8 inch thick slices.
– Place beet and sweet potato slices in separate bowls. Divide olive oil and salt equally between the two bowls and toss the slices to coat.
– Now place these coated slices of sweet potato and beetroot on the separate prepared baking sheets.
– Put both the baking sheets in the oven. Rotate the pans after 1 hour and continue to bake until crisp. Beetroot slices take approximately 1 hour, 50 minutes to 2 hours; whereas, sweet potato takes about 1 hour, 40 minutes.
– Once baked, take out the chips in a large bowl, sprinkle chaat masala over it and serve immediately.
– Leftovers can be kept for up to 3 days in an airtight container.