Medically reviewed by Dr. Unsa Mohsin.
The day when we sacrifice our beloved animals is nearly here. With this sacrifice, we are fulfilling religious demands and also getting buckets of meat. Make sure that you give most of this meat to the needy and poor, as we might be eating meat the whole year round but, they surely aren’t. Save some for yourself though, so that you can make some amazing recipes using it. Also, prepare to make some sweets as well, as Eid is not complete without some amazing Sheer Korma or some Sweet Bread Pudding.
Yoghurt Marinade Lamb
Serves: 4-6 people
This recipe will make you scream in joy as it is easy and super yummy to make. So get some lamb out and start preparing for this easy recipe.
- 2 cups Yoghurt
- 1 kg lamb
- 2 tbsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground pepper
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- Cilantro (according to you)
- First, take a blender and add yogurt, ginger, garlic, salt, pepper, turmeric powder, and cilantro. Blend it till it is completely smooth and well combined.
- Now, pour this marinade onto the lamb and cover it with the marinade. Seal it with foil, and leave it overnight refrigerated.
- Put the meat on a baking sheet in a baking tray.
- Let it roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes on one side, and then flip it and continue roasting it for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove meat from the oven and cover with some aluminum foil so that it continues cooking from the inside.
- Serve it with brown/white/garlic rice and some yogurt.
Mutton Tikka Chunks
Serves: 3 people
Combine Eastern and Western flavors by creating this recipe that is not only tasty but also super easy to make. Win hearts and make this dish that everyone will love!
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 large cubed green bell pepper
- ½ cup of apple cider vinegar
- 750 g of mutton
- 2 tsp. ginger garlic paste
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 2 finely chopped green chili
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Chop the bell pepper and onion, and soak them properly in apple cider vinegar for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add meat, ginger and garlic paste, and salt in the vinegar and allow it to marinate for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Put this vinegar mixture with meat in a pot. Bring it to a boil, cover it and cook on low flame for 2 hours.
- Heat 2 tbsp. cooking oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Add onion, tomato and meat mixture that was in the pot and fry until the tomatoes start to break down.
- Add the green bell pepper and the green chili and continue frying until the green bell pepper is soft but doesn’t lose too much of its shape.
- Season with black pepper and decorate with lemon wedges.
Once you are done with the savory stuff, you obviously need something sweet as there is an extra stomach just for desserts. So make something easy yet yummy this Eid.
- 200g of vermicelli
- Milk 5 liters
- 150 grams of dates
- 1 & ½ can of condensed milk
- 150g dates (deseed)
- ½ cup crushed pistachios
- ½ cup crushed almonds
- ¼ cup of raisins
- ½ cup chopped cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp. of Ghee
- ½ tsp. green cardamom powder
- 1 can evaporated milk
- To a pan, add milk and evaporated milk. Wait for a few minutes for it to start boiling and then cook it for another 20 minutes while stirring with a wooden spatula constantly.
- Heat 1 tbsp. ghee to another pan and fry the nuts till they get light golden. Set them aside
- To the same pan, add 1 tbsp. of ghee and fry the dates and raisins till they get soft. Put them in milk and let them cook.
- Now heat the remaining ghee and add the vermicelli and fry on medium flame till gets light golden, and then add these to the hot milk.
- To the milk, add condensed milk, green cardamom powder and mix well. Cook for another 6 minutes
- Serve it cold when it gets thick, and garnish with nuts.
Start distributing meat, and also begin making these delicious recipes. Remind yourselves to not only clean your houses, but your streets as well. Make it easier for your house help and do not overburden them as it is their festival too. Eat loads of meat but try not to add a lot of oil to your dishes. We at Dawaai wish you a happy Eid, so have fun with your family, loved ones and loads of meat!
Guest Credits: Asma Qadri