It is a possible side effect. Try to avoid abrupt changes in position. Also refrain from activities such as driving until you are confident in your abilities.
Used for the treatment of functional symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (increased size of the
Its use is prohibited in people with severe liver impairment and with a history of orthostatic hypotension
(decreased blood pressure on standing).
Side effects include vertigo (head-spinning), dizziness, headache, gastrointestinal upset, orthostatic
hypotension (decreased blood pressure on standing), syncope (temporary consciousness loss),
tachycardia (increased heart rate), palpitations, chest pain, fatigue, drowsiness, rash, pruritis (itchy skin),
flushes (temporary reddening of the face), edema (swelling), dry mouth, and muscle weakness.
Store this medicine in a cool, dry place, away from heat.
Avoid this medication if:
- You are allergic to this medicine or its contents.
Consult your doctor:
- If you are pregnant, or breastfeeding.
- If you have a significant medical history, such as kidney or liver diseases, heart disease, blood pressure, cataracts or glaucoma.
- Inform your doctor if you have a family history of heart problems
- If your symptoms are not improving with this medication within the prescribed time.
- You develop an erection that is painful, or does not subside.
- If you experience any unfavorable symptoms such as dizziness, fainting, or an irregular heartbeat.
Be careful about:
- Using this drug when you are experiencing vomiting, diarrhea, or low magnesium for any other reasons. Consult your doctor about how to use this medicine.
- The use of alcohol. This should be limited.
- Do not chew the medicine, or crush it.
- Try to avoid sudden movements. Try to get up slowly when you are lying down, to avoid dizziness.
Will this medicine make me dizzy?
Is this medicine suitable for women and children?
This medicine is not recommended for women or children. Please use this medication only as prescribed by your doctor.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, try taking it as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Kindly do not double your dose to “catch up”.
Can I stop taking this medicine as soon as I feel better?
It is best to continue using this medicine for the time prescribed. Kindly consult your physician before you stop taking this drug.
This medicine is used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlargement).
This medicine is mostly taken orally (through the mouth). The dosage is dependent on the age, condition and its severity. This medicine is not recommended for children.
Please store this medicine at room temperature. Keep it away from excessive light, moisture, and children. Read the leaflet provided with the medicine for further storage guidance.
You may experience the following: • Upset stomach • Drowsiness • Dizziness • Vertigo
Following are the precautions: • Patients with heart disease must be cautious • Monitor blood pressure regularly • Elderly must be cautious
Effects on pregnancy and lactation:
This medicine can be used by pregnant females; however, consult a doctor before using it. This medicine should not be used by lactating women.