Improvement can be usually noticed within 3 to 4 days.
- Betamethasone is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Crohn’s disease
- Ataxia telangiectasia
- Inflammatory diseases of skin.
- Bethamethasone is contraindicated in people who are allergic to it.
- Do not use betamethasone if you are suffering from idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, a systemic fungal infection, viral infection, active and untreated tuberculosis, and high cholesterol.
- Some people may experience:
- Skin atrophy
- Burning and irritation
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Adrenal suppression
- Weight gain
- Thin fragile skin
- Small white or red bumps on the skin
- Swelling, dryness, and redness of skin
- Decreased resistance to infection
Disocontinue if irritation or burning occur.
Keep this medicine at room temperature.
Avoid this medicine if you are allergic to it's ingredients.
Take this medicine at regular intervals as prescribed by your doctor.
How long does it take for this medication to work?
Are there any major side effects of this medication?
No, there are no major side effects.
Can this medication be used for yeast infection?
Creams containing betamethasone in combination with Clotrimazole may be used to treat yeast infections.
Does this medication make you sleepy?
No, this medication does not make you drowsy.
Can I use this medication if I am pregnant?
The effect of this medication is undetermined in pregnant females, therefore; be cautious. Consult your healthcare provider.
Can I use this medication to treat viral and fungal infections?
No, this medication does not treat viral and fungal infections.
Medicines containing betamethasone
By GlaxoSmithKlinePack size: 100
By RexPack size: 7.5ml
By InnvotekPack size: 7.5ml
By GlaxoSmithKlinePack size: 7.5ml
By ZafaPack size: 10ml
By RexPack size: 5gm
By GeofmanPack size: 1
By AtcoPack size: 10gm