This medication is used for treating mild to moderate pain such as headaches, menstrual cramps, and migraines. It can be used to treat coughing as well.
This medication is recommended in relieving moderate to severe pain
If you have depressed respiratory rate (decreased rate of breathing), please consult your doctor before using this medication.
Patients using this medication may at times experience nausea, dizziness , and sedation. If you experience any of these symptoms for a long period of time, please consult your doctor.
Avoid this medication if:
- You are allergic to this medicine or its contents.
Consult your doctor if:
- You are pregnant, planning to have a child, or breastfeeding.
- You have a medical history of: fits, tumors, injury to the head, Liver diseases, kidney diseasesasthma, COPD, breathing difficulty etc.
- Inform your physician about any other medication you are taking.
Be careful about:
- Abrupt changes in position, as they may cause dizziness. If you want to get up from lying down, or change positions, do it slowly and carefully.
- Taking medicines such as sleeping pills, anti-depressants, stimulants etc. while taking this medication. Consult and discuss all the medications you are taking in detail with your physician.
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided while taking this medication.
- Care should be taken while taking this drug in either extremes of age. Children, or elderly patients should only take this drug if their doctor has prescribed it.
Please store this medicine at room temperature (18-25 Celsius). Keep medicine away from excessive light, moisture, and children. Please do not flush medicines down the toilet. Please read the leaflet provided with the medicine for further storage guidance.
• Avoid doing work that requires alertness such as driving immediately after taking this medicine as it may cause drowsiness • Inform your doctor if you are using any Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors • This medicine may decrease fertility so use with precaution
Effects on pregnancy and lactation:
This medicine should only be used during pregnancy if clearly needed and no safer alternate is available. This medicine may pass into breast milk and harm the baby. Consult your health care provider before use of this medicine.
You may experience the following: • Tolerance • Dependence • Constipation • Blurred vision • Sedation
This medicine is mostly taken orally (through the mouth). The dosage is dependent on the age, condition and its severity. Please consult your doctor before using this medicine.