- Glucophage (Metformin) is an oral diabetes medicine that helps control blood sugar levels.
- Glucophage is used to improve blood sugar control in people with Type 2 Diabetes. It is sometimes used in combination with insulin or other medications.
Medications that interact with Glucophage include digoxin, cimetidine, furosemide,nifedipine, amiloride, ranitidine, triamterene, morphine, quinidine, vancomycin, trimethoprim and procainamide. Taking metformin with other drugs that lower blood sugar can raise your risk of hypoglycemia (low blood sugar)
Metformin works in two ways; It helps to stop the liver producing new glucose. It helps to overcome insulin resistance by making insulin carry glucose into muscle cells more effectively
- It may cause dizziness, do not drink alcohol beverages while taking this medication.
- It may lead to dehydration; drink plenty of water to avoid this problem.
- Monitor blood sugar regularly.
- Take your food properly; otherwise it will lead to low blood sugar.
- Caution needed in elderly patients, children, and during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Most Common Side effects may include; Diarrhea, vomiting, headache. Indigestion and nausea may also be observed. Nose inflammation has also been observed in some cases.
- This medicine should be stored at room temperature
- Keep away from reach of heat, light and moisture
- Keep away from reach of children
Currently available on dawaai.pk, online Pharmacy in Pakistan, where you can buy medicines online with discounted prices and free delivery (terms & conditions apply)
Dawaai.pk -the safest online Pharmacy is offering Glucophage 500 mg with fast delivery across the country including Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Quetta, Peshawar, Rawalpindi and many other cities of Pakistan