How To Use
- Swallow the capsules whole; do not split, chew, or crush them.
- If you cannot swallow the capsule, put 1 tablespoon of cool, soft applesauce in an empty bowl.
- Open one esomeprazole capsule and carefully sprinkle the pellets onto the applesauce.
- Mix the pellets with the applesauce and swallow the entire tablespoonful of the applesauce and pellet mixture immediately.
- Do not crush or chew the pellets in the applesauce.
- Do not save the pellets and applesauce for later use.
- If using the 2.5- or 5-mg packet, place 1 teaspoonful (5 mL) of water in a container.
- If using the 10-, 20-, or 40-mg packet, place 1 tablespoonful (15 mL) of water in a container.
- Add the contents of the powder packet and stir.
- Wait for 2 to 3 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken, and stir the mixture again.
- Drink the entire mixture within 30 minutes.
- Take esomeprazole by mouth with food as directed by the doctor.
- Take esomeprazole regularly to get the most benefit from it.
- To help remember, take esomeprazole at the same time.
- Quantity is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
- Do not increase your quantity or take this product more often than directed.
Do not increase the quantity than prescribed by the doctor. If the condition persists or worsens, or if you think you may have a serious medical problem, get medical help right away. Do not flush esomeprazole down the toilet. Keep esomeprazole out of the reach of children. Store the esomeprazole at room temperature. Keep esomeprazole away from sunlight.
- Esomeprazole is indicated for treating gastroesophageal reflux disease.
- Esomeprazole is also used to decrease the chance of developing ulcers in adults.
Side effects of esomeprazole include:
- Easy bruising/bleeding
- Sore throat
- Yellowing eyes/skin
- Stomach/abdominal pain
- Dark urine
- Unusual tiredness/weakness
- Signs of infection
- Unusual/sudden weight gain
- Stomach pain
- Vision changes
- Trouble sleeping
- Severe dizziness
- Trouble breathing
Consult your doctor before using esomeprazole during pregnancy for a better analysis.
Consult your doctor before using esomeprazole during lactation for a better analysis.
Its use has shown a risk of drowsiness; therefore avoid using it while driving.
Consult your doctor before using esomeprazole for a better analysis if you have liver disease.
Consult your doctor before using esomeprazole for a better analysis if you have kidney disease.
The use of alcohol should be limited or avoided while using esomeprazole.
Patients who are allergic to esomeprazole or any of its components should consult the doctor before taking it. If taking any vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products are taken then consult the doctor before using esomeprazole. If any sort of swelling is experienced, consult your doctor immediately. Using esomeprazole, especially in high concentrations, might result in severe pain.
- Esomeprazole is contraindicated for use in patients with esomeprazole
- Esomeprazole is contraindicated for use in patients with liver diseases.
For how long can we use esomeprazole?
Do not use more than directed by your doctor.
For how long does it take esomeprazole to show its effect?
It starts to show its effect within a few minutes of administration.
Does esomeprazole have medicine interactions?
Yes, esomeprazole has drug interactions to make it more effective.
What do I do if I forget to take the dose?
Consult the doctor if you missed the dose.
Does esomeprazole causes stomach irritation?
Esomeprazole does not usually cause stomach irritation when used at recommended doses.