How To Use
- Gabapentin comes as a capsule, a tablet, an extended-release (long-acting) tablet, and an oral solution (liquid) to take by mouth.
- Gabapentin capsules, tablets, and oral solution are usually taken with a full glass of water with or without food, three times a day.
- Gabapentin should be taken at evenly spaced times throughout the day and night; no more than 12 hours should pass between doses.
- Swallow the extended-release tablets whole; do not cut, chew, or crush them.
- Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully.
- Take gabapentin exactly as directed.
- To help remember, take promethazine at the same time every day.
- Dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
- Do not increase your quantity or take this product more often than directed.
Do not increase the quantity than prescribed by the doctor. If the condition persists or worsens, or if you think you may have a serious medical problem, get medical help right away. Keep gabapentin out of the reach of children. Store the gabapentin at room temperature. Keep gabapentin away from sunlight.
Gabapentin is used to treat neuropathic pain, and is used in combination with other medicines to treat partial seizures (brain disorder) with or without secondary generalization in patients not satisfactorily controlled by or intolerant to other anticonvulsants.
Patients using gabapentin may at times experience dizziness, fatigue, tremors, somnolence (extreme sleepiness), and ataxia (loss of control of full body movements). If you experience any of these symptoms, please consult your doctor immediately.
Consult your doctor before using gabapentin during pregnancy for a better analysis.
Consult your doctor before using gabapentin during lactation for a better analysis.
Its use has shown a chance of severe dizziness; therefore avoid using it while driving.
Consult your doctor before using gabapentin if you have any liver disease.
Consult your doctor before using gabapentin if you have any kidney disease.
The use of alcohol should be limited or avoided while using gabapentin.
Patients suffering from renal (kidney) impairment , haemodialysis (kidney dialysis), or those who have history of psychotic illness should consult their doctor before using gabapentin.
- Gabapentin is contraindicated for use in patients with gabapentin
- Promethazine should be used with extreme caution in patients with epilepsy.
For how long can we use gabapentin?
Do not use more than directed by your doctor.
How long does it take gabapentin to show its effect?
It starts showing its effect within a few minutes of administration.
Are there any medicine interactions with gabapentin?
Yes, there are medicine interactions with gabapentin to make it more effective.
What do I do if I forget to take the dose?
Consult the doctor if you missed the dose.
Does gabapentin causes stomach irritation?
Gabapentin does not usually cause stomach irritation when used at recommended doses.