How To Use
- Take desloratadine by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor.
- Take the exact quantity of desloratadine as prescribed by the doctor.
- If you are using the rapidly-dissolving tablet, allow the tablet to dissolve on the tongue and then swallow.
- Do not remove the tablet from the blister pack until right before using.
- If you are using the liquid form of desloratadine, carefully measure the dose using a special measuring device/spoon.
- Do not use a household spoon because you may not get the correct dose.
- Take desloratadine regularly to get the most benefit from it.
- To help remember, take desloratadine at the same time.
- Quantity is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
- Do not increase your quantity or take this product more often than directed.
Do not increase the quantity than prescribed by the doctor. If the condition persists or worsens, or if you think you may have a serious medical problem, get medical help right away. Do not flush desloratadine down the toilet. Keep desloratadine out of the reach of children. Store the desloratadine at room temperature. Keep desloratadine away from sunlight.
- Desloratadine is indicated for the treatment of allergic reactions.
- Desloratadine is safe and effective in reducing infections.
Side effects of desloratadine include:
- Sore throat
- Stomach upset
- Muscle pain
- Trouble sleeping
- Appetite changes
Consult your doctor before using desloratadine during pregnancy for a better analysis.
Consult your doctor before using desloratadine during lactation for a better analysis.
Its use has shown a risk of drowsiness; therefore avoid using it while driving.
Its use has shown risk to the liver. Consult your doctor before using desloratadine for a better analysis
Its use has shown risk to kidneys. Consult your doctor before using desloratadine for a better analysis.
The use of alcohol shoule be avoided while using this medicine.
Patients who are allergic to desloratadine or any of its components should consult the doctor before taking it. If taking any vitamins, nutritional supplements, and herbal products are taken then consult the doctor before using desloratadine. If any sort of swelling is experienced, consult your doctor immediately. Using desloratadine, especially in high concentrations, might result in stomach upset.
- Desloratadine is contraindicated for use in patients with desloratadine
- Desloratadine should be used with extreme caution in patients with infections.
- Desloratadine should be used with extreme caution in patients with diabetes.
What are the uses of Desloratadine?
This medication is used for treating symptoms of allergy such as runny nose, watery eyes, itchy eyes/nose/throat, sneezing, rash, etc.
How to store Desloratadine?
Please store this medicine at room temperature (18-25 Celsius). Keep medicine away from excessive light, moisture, and children. Please do not flush medicines down the toilet.
Please read the leaflet provided with the medicine for further storage guidance.
What are the side effects of taking Desloratadine?
You may experience the following:
• Changes in appetite
• Trouble sleeping
What are the precautions for taking Desloratadine?
Following are the precautions for use of this medicine:
• Do not use or discontinue this medicine if you are allergic to any of the ingredients of this medicine
• You may feel drowsy after taking this medicine therefore avoid doing work requiring alertness (e.g. driving) after taking this medicine
Does Desloratadine have any effect on pregnancy and lactation?
This medicine should only be used during pregnancy if no safer alternate is available. Consult your health care provider for guidance.
This medicine is contraindicated for lactating females. Consult your health care provider for guidance.
How to use this medicine?
This medicine is mostly taken through the mouth. The dose is dependent on the age, condition and its severity.