How To Use
- Take this medicine by mouth with a glass of water.
- Take this medicine with or without food.
- Swallow it as a whole, do not crush or chew the medicine.
- Take it at the same time every day to help you remember.
- Or use it exactly as instructed by your doctor.
- Take with or without meals. Best to take with meals to reduce abdominal discomfort. Take as scheduled.
- Shake the suspension well before use, measure with an accurate measuring device.
- Take sufficient amount of fluids to maintain hydration.
- Contact prescriber if there is unrelieved diarrhea, vaginal itching or irritation, mouth sores, foul-smelling bloody stool, bloody urine, fever, chills, and furry tongue.
Bacterial Infections, Typhoid
This medicine is indicated for patients with infections of respiratory (airway) tract, urinary tract, skin and soft tissue, biliary tract (gallbladder and ducts that course the liver) caused by sensitive organisms.
- Patients using this medicine might experience:
- Frequent stools
- Bleeding gums
No definitive data regarding use in pregnant females. Please consult your doctor for more information.
The effect of this medicine is undetermined in nursing females. Consult your doctor before using this medicine.
This medicine may cause dizziness during driving. Therefore, please avoid driving immediately after taking this medicine.
Liver patients should use this medicine with caution. Dose adjustment might be required. Consult your doctor for more information.
Kidney patients should use this medicine with caution. Dose adjustment might be required. Consult your doctor for more information.
Avoid alcohol consumption when using this medicine. It may increase the severity of side effects.
Before using this medicine, inform your doctor about your complete medical history, especially about heart disease, kidney diseases, and diabetes.
Discontinue if you experience itching, hoarseness, or trouble breathing.
Do not discontinue this medicine without informing your doctor.
Inform your doctor about all your current medicines and significant past medical history.
Inform your doctor if you are undergoing any surgery.
- Do not use this medicine if you’re allergic to any of its constituents.
- Patients with diarrhea should avoid the use of this medicine.
- Severe kidney disease.
What is this medicine?
Cefixime is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It works by fighting bacteria in your body.
How should I take this medicine?
This medicine is mostly taken orally. The dose is dependent on the age, condition and its severity. Please consult your doctor before use.
How to store this medicine?
Please store this medicine at room temperature (18-25 Celsius). Please keep away from children, and excessive sunlight and moisture. Please read the leaflet provided with the medicine for further storage guidance.
Can this medication be used to treat common viral infections?
Cefspan Syrup will not work to treat a viral infection, such as a common cold or flu.
When can this medication not be used?
Avoid this medicine in patients with known allergic reactions to the cephalosporin and not be used in patients with bacterial (Clostridium difficile) associated diarrhea.
How to store this medication?
You should store this medication at room temperature 20° to 25°C (68-77°F) away from heat, and away from moisture. Store the medicine away from the reach of children
What should I do if my child misses a dose?
Give your child the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose, give the next dose at the regular time, and only 1 dose at a time.
When to take this medicine?
Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once a day. In children, this medication may also be taken twice a day.