How To Use
- Neomycin is for oral administration.
- Take it with a full glass of water.
- This medicine can be taken with or without meals.
- Take it at the same time each day to help you remember.
- Please follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the dosage and method of administration of neomycin.
- The dosage of neomycin depends on patient’s general health, targeted disease, and response to treatment.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablet. Swallow it with a glass of water.
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember unless it is time for your next dose.
- Do not stop taking this medicine abruptly or without your doctor’s permission.
- Do not take two doses at one time to compensate for a previously missed dose.
- Consult a doctor immediately if you experience any undesirable effects.
- Store this medicine at room temperature and away from direct sunlight, heat, and moisture.
- Do not use it after its expiry date.
- Do not use if the quality seal is broken or missing.
- Keep this medicine away from the reach of children and pets.
- Do not forget to show up for your kidney, hearing, and urine monitoring tests.
- Always talk to your doctor before taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine with neomycin.
- Neomycin is used for the following purposes:
- To decrease the risk of infection after certain intestinal surgeries.
- Neomycin may also be used in conjunction with a special diet to treat hepatic (liver) encephalopathy.
- This medicine is sometimes used to reduce the symptoms of a hepatic (liver) coma.
Patients administered with this medicine may experience contact dermatitis (itchy, dry, swollen and reddened skin), gastrointestinal upset, ototoxicity (toxic to the ear), nephrotoxicity (toxicity in the kidneys), electrolyte disturbances, raised liver enzymes (biological molecules that speed up the rate of reaction), and hypersensitivity (intolerance).
This medicine should only be used during when no other safer alternative exists.
The effect of this medication is undetermined in a lactating female, therefore, consult your doctor before using this medicine.
Please do not drive a vehicle if you experience drowsiness after taking neomycin.
Neomycin is generally safe when it comes to the liver, however, please discuss the risks and benefits of using this medicine with your doctor.
Neomycin should not be used by people who are suffering from any kind of kidney disease.
Alcohol does not hinder or deteriorate the function of neomycin, however, the combination of the two may lead to a ton of unpleasant side effects.
Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Do not use it for longer than it is prescribed.
Do not alter your dosage without a doctor’s approval.
Give your doctor your complete medical history especially of kidney disease, myasthenia gravis, and Parkinson’s disease before using neomycin.
Tell your doctor about all the prescription and nonprescription medications that you are taking or plan to take.
Consult your doctor if your condition persists or worsens.
Do not give neomycin to children unless a medical professional asks you to do so.
This medication is contraindicated in patients suffering from intestinal obstruction (blockage of the bowel) and myasthenia gravis (neuromuscular disease leading to skeletal muscle weakness).
What is this medicine used for?
Neomycin is used to prevent or treat skin infections caused by bacteria.
What special precautions should I follow?
Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to neomycin or any other drugs.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, including vitamins.
Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had kidney disease.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while using neomycin, call your doctor
What happens if I miss a dose?
Since bacitracin topical is when needed, you are not likely to miss a dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call your healthcare provider
How to store this medication?
Store at 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F)
What type of bacteria does Neomycin kill?
Neomycin is very effective against staphylococci and gram-negative bacilli.
How fast does Neomycin work?
Your symptoms should begin to improve within the first few days of treatment.
Is Neomycin good for pimples?
It does not kill the most common acne causing bacteria, therefore, it will not be effective in fighting against pimples or cystic acne.
What is betamethasone valerate cream used to treat?
Betamethasone topical is used to relieve redness, itching, swelling, or other conditions.
How long can you use betamethasone valerate for?
A course of treatment for 7-14 days is sufficient.
How do you use betamethasone valerate?
Apply a thin layer to the affected area.
What are the side effects of betamethasone valerate cream?
Stinging, burning, itching, irritation, dryness, or redness of the skin may occur on first use. If these effects persist consult your doctor.
Is betamethasone valerate stronger than hydrocortisone?
Yes it is more potent than hydrocortisone.