Avoid this medication if:
- You are allergic to this medicine or its contents.
Consult your doctor if:
- You are pregnant, planning to have a child, or breastfeeding.
- You have a medical history of: fits, tumors, injury to the head, Liver diseases, kidney diseases, asthma, COPD, breathing difficulty etc.
- Inform your physician about any other medication you are taking.
- You start experiencing any of the serious side effects of this medicine. These include disturbances in mood, sleep, weight, etc.
Be careful about:
- Taking medicines such as sleeping pills, anti-depressants, stimulants etc. while taking this medication. Consult and discuss all the medications you are taking in detail with your physician.
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided while taking this medication.
- Care should be taken while taking this drug in either extremes of age. Children or elderly patients should only take this drug if their doctor has prescribed it.
- Store this medicine in a place that is cool, dry, and not easily accessible by others.
- Try to take this medicine on a full stomach to avoid nausea.
Pain and inflammation
Tramadol is recommended in managing severe acute (sudden) and chronic (long-term) pain.
Patients using Tramadol may at times experience sedation, sweating, nausea, dizziness, and dry mouth. If you experience any of these symptoms for a long period of time, please consult your doctor.
Pregnant females should consult their doctors before using this medicine.
Research suggests that women who are breastfeeding should avoid taking Tramadol. It's better for lactating females to consult their doctors before using this medicine.
Not recommended for use if you are allergic to tramadol or any other opioid analgesics.
(morphine, codeine etc.) or any other ingredient present in Tramadol.
This medicine should not be abruptly stopped as it can cause severe withdrawal symptoms.
Not recommended for use in children under age 12 years or after removal of tonsils or adenoids
in people under 18.
Inform doctor of all pre-existing disease conditions or health issues that you may be suffering from like lung/breathing problem, kidney or liver impairment, stomach problems, sleep-related breathing disorder, fits/convulsions, severe headache, or sick cause of head injury etc., before using Tramadol capsule.
If you have the following conditions; Acute Porhyria (metabolic disorder in which red blood cells are affected), Myotonic Dystrophy (disease causing muscle weakness and wasting) please consult your doctor before using Tramadol.
This medication is used for treating mild to moderate pain such as headaches,
menstrual cramps, and migraines.
Please store the tablet form of this medicine at room temperature (18-25 Celsius).
Keep medicine away from excessive light and moisture.
Please keep it away from children.
Patients with renal (kidney) and hepatic (liver) disease, central nervous system disorders, and elderly should be cautious.
Effects on pregnancy and lactation:
This medicine should only be used during pregnancy if clearly needed and no
safer alternate is available.
This medicine may pass into breast milk and harm the baby. Consult your health
care provider before use of this medicine.
Restlessness, dizziness, dry mouth, somnolence, and sweating.
This medicine is mostly taken orally (through mouth). The dosage is dependent on the age, condition and its severity. Please consult your doctor before use.
Alcohol intoxication, other central nervous system medicines, severe renal (kidney) or hepatic (liver) impairment.