How To Use
- Betamethasone can be taken by mouth, injected into a muscle, or applied to the skin topically in cream, lotion, or liquid forms.
- Please follow your doctor’s instructions regarding the dosage and method of administration of betamethasone.
- Take it at the same time each day to help you remember.
- Take betamethasone pill with a glass of water.
- Regarding topical application of betamethasone, follow the instructions given on the label.
Disocontinue if irritation or burning occur.
Keep this medicine at room temperature.
Avoid this medicine if you are allergic to it's ingredients.
Take this medicine at regular intervals as prescribed by your doctor.
Allergies, rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus
- Betamethasone is used for the treatment of the following conditions:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Crohn’s disease
- Ataxia telangiectasia
- Inflammatory diseases of skin.
- Some people may experience:
- Skin atrophy
- Burning and irritation
- Allergic contact dermatitis
- Adrenal suppression
- Weight gain
- Thin fragile skin
- Small white or red bumps on the skin
- Swelling, dryness, and redness of skin
- Decreased resistance to infection
Risk can not be ruled out, so please consult your doctor before using this medication.
Lactating females should discuss the risks and benefits of using betamethasone with their doctor.
One should not drive a vehicle if using betamethasone induces dizziness, drowsiness, headache, or hypotension.
People that are currently suffering from or have a history of any kind of liver disease should not use betamethasone without doctor’s approval.
There is no harm in consuming alcohol while using betamethasone.
Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Avoid contact of betamethasone ointment with your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Do not use it over large areas of your body.
Avoid use in the genital and rectal areas unless asked by a doctor to do so.
Do not alter your dosage without a doctor’s approval.
Give your doctor your complete medical history especially of untreated infections, liver disease, diabetes, and cushing’s syndrome.
Tell your doctor about all the prescription and nonprescription medications that you are taking or plan to take.
It is important to tell your doctor that you are taking betamethasone before undergoing any kind of major or minor surgery.
Consult your doctor if your condition persists or worsens.
Do not use betamethasone cream on your face for more than 5 days.
- Bethamethasone is contraindicated in people who are allergic to it.
- Do not use betamethasone if you are suffering from idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, a systemic fungal infection, viral infection, active and untreated tuberculosis, and high cholesterol.
How long does it take for this medication to work?
Improvement can be usually noticed within 3 to 4 days.
Are there any major side effects of this medication?
No, there are no major side effects.
Can this medication be used for yeast infection?
Creams containing betamethasone in combination with Clotrimazole may be used to treat yeast infections.
Does this medication make you sleepy?
No, this medication does not make you drowsy.
Can I use this medication if I am pregnant?
The effect of this medication is undetermined in pregnant females, therefore; be cautious. Consult your healthcare provider.
Can I use this medication to treat viral and fungal infections?
No, this medication does not treat viral and fungal infections.
What is this medicine used for?
Neomycin is used to prevent or treat skin infections caused by bacteria.
What special precautions should I follow?
Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to neomycin or any other drugs.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist what prescription and nonprescription medications you are taking, including vitamins.
Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had kidney disease.
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while using neomycin, call your doctor
What happens if I miss a dose?
Since bacitracin topical is when needed, you are not likely to miss a dose.
What happens if I overdose?
Seek emergency medical attention or call your healthcare provider
How to store this medication?
Store at 15°C to 30°C (59°F to 86°F)
What type of bacteria does Neomycin kill?
Neomycin is very effective against staphylococci and gram-negative bacilli.
How fast does Neomycin work?
Your symptoms should begin to improve within the first few days of treatment.
Is Neomycin good for pimples?
It does not kill the most common acne causing bacteria, therefore, it will not be effective in fighting against pimples or cystic acne.